The security of our patrons is our top priority. Due to newly enhanced security measures at the Embarcadero, please plan on arriving early. Wanding will be utilized for all performances at The Rady Shell at Jacobs Park and all bags are subject to inspection by Security staff.
Help us keep the venue safe: if you see something out of place, say something. You can speak with security, one of our ushers, or any staff member wearing a San Diego Symphony badge.
To report a noise complaint, please call our hotline at 619.736.6637.
If you think you may have left or lost something at The Rady Shell, you may call 619.269.5964 to make an inquiry. This line is monitored 24/7. Found items will be stored in the security office and dropped off at the box office for patron pick up during regular business hours.
The following items are prohibited inside The Rady Shell at Jacobs Park:
- Animals/Pets (except ADA-Recognized Service Animals)
- Bags larger than 16” x 16” x 8”
- Bicycles (may be parked at approved bike parking areas near gates)
- Drones, Remote Controlled Unmanned Aerial Vehicles or other motorized vehicles/devices
- Firearms of any kind (including air-rifles)
- Fireworks or other Incendiary Devices
- Glass Containers of any type
- Knives of any type
- Laser Pointers
- Noise-Making Devices
- Cameras or Electronic Recording Devices with Lenses Larger than 6 inches
- Skateboards, Scooters, Razors, “Hoverboards”
- Smokeless/Chewing Tobacco & Vaporizers ("Vapes")
- Umbrellas (In case of inclement weather, rain ponchos are allowed.)
- Outside food and beverages except one empty refillable water bottle (non-glass) and medically prescribed food/drink.
- Weapons of any other type (Tasers, Nunchaku, Pepper Spray, Mace, Expandable Batons, etc.)
(Note: this list could be augmented for certain rental events!)
Because we must follow strict guidelines set forth by the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, we are not able to permit our patrons to bring in their own alcohol to The Rady Shell at Jacobs Park. Only our Rady Shell concerts beverage provider (not the Symphony itself) is legally licensed to sell and distribute alcoholic beverages on the site. In an effort to reduce waste, guests are welcome to bring one empty reusable plastic or aluminum water bottle for San Diego Symphony performances only. Bottles can be filled at water refill stations inside the venue. Glass bottles are not permitted.